IAFPD CERTIFICATE IN WORK-BASED PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT (SPECIALIST TOPIC) (Level 6)
The IAFPD Certificate in Work-Based Professional Development (Specialist Topic) (equivalent to Level 6) is run in association with the International Academy for Professional Development.
The Certificate is designed to guide a student to develop a professional development plan through assessing professional development needs, developing a personal profile and undertaking a professional development SWOT analysis to guide relevant self-directed work-based professional development. This can be demonstrated through a range of activities, for example, developing and delivering a presentation, maintaining a professional development record and completing a written assignment relating to the specialist topic or a summary article suitable for publication or abstracting in the online Journal of the International Academy for Professional Development.
Topic specialisms might include coaching, business, management, leadership, psychology, biology, counselling, supervision etc.
To guide a student to develop a professional development plan.
• Self-assess professional development needs
• Develop a personal profile
• Undertake a professional development SWOT analysis
• Develop a PowerPoint presentation clearly related to an area of professional
• Develop a Professional Development Plan
• Maintaining a professional development
• Produce a summary article suitable for publication or abstracting in the Journal of the
International Academy for Professional Development.
• Make appropriate selection and use of tools and techniques to guide and progress
work-based professional development.
• Using a self-reflective approach to professional development, develop capability to
maintain newly acquired skills through exploration of own development preferences
and be able to critically analyse and appraise own development.
• Be self-directed in own learning by managing own learning on the programme and
planning for future self-development.
This course is available to overseas students. However, all materials are written in English. Assignments will only be marked if they are submitted in English. There is an additional fee for postage. However, assignments can be submitted by email to tutors.
ASSIGNMENT & CERTIFICATE
Students undertake a professional development SWOT analysis, provide a summary article suitable for publication or abstracting in the Journal of the International Academy for Professional Development, submit a presentation on an aspect of personal development and maintain a professional development record. An IAFPD certificate is awarded to students who successfully complete the programme.