Primary Certificate in Coaching Psychology Supervision
The supervision of coaching psychologists is seen as an important part of professional coaching psychology practice.
Coaches and Coaching Psychologists have been turning to supervision to help maximise effective performance, enhance skill development and to gain assistance with handling coaching dilemmas and coaching dynamics.
A number of professional coaching psychology groups such as the International Society for Coaching Psychology (ISCP) have all supported the need for a quality control element in coaching and coaching psychology, together with the need for supporting individual coaches and psychologists.
This course offers an opportunity to receive:
• Theoretical input
• Skills practice
• Opportunity to supervise others
• Opportunity to learn how to get the most as coaching or coaching psychology supervisees
This course is British Psychological Society Learning Centre Approved and ISCP Recognised for CPD.
NB This course has been designed for coaching psychologists. However, this introductory course is not suitable for experienced coaching psychology supervisors.
To become knowledgeable about coaching and coaching psychology supervision.
• Understand the nature of coaching and coaching psychology supervision
• Recognise differences between coaching supervision and therapeutic supervision
• Become aware of different types of supervision (managerial, consultative, etc.)
• Recognise different models of supervision
• Understand key skills of supervision
• Consider supervisor competencies
• Recognise the importance of different learning styles
• Become knowledgeable in supervision administration
• Practise supervision skills
POST PROGRAMME REVIEW & CERTIFICATE
A CPD certificate is provided for all attendees. Learners wishing to obtain a Certificate of Achievement need to submit a 750 word Post Programme Review.
The trainers are Dr Siobhain O’Riordan PhD CPsychol FISCP and/or Professor Stephen Palmer PhD CPsychol FISCP. Both are Chartered Coaching Psychologists, and are ISCP Accredited Coaching Psychologist Supervisors.